The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) is a new qualification which replaces the Level 5
Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (QCF).
The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in:
- Further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or
- Community organisations. It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires
- Observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
A range of optional units are available, including some units from the Learning and Development suite. These units require practice to be assessed.
The purpose of the qualification in the QCF is to ‘Confirm competence in an occupational role to the standards.
Learners must be willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan.
Some units from the Learning and Development suite may be achieved within this qualification. These units require practice to be assessed in the trainee teacher’s place of work.
Introduction to the Qualification
Teaching and Training Qualifications for the Further Education and Skills Sector in England (2013) Guidance for initial teacher education providers April 2013 Qualification Guidance for awarding organisations Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF).
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable
- Adults, as a teacher.
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
Requirements for knowledge and understanding elements
Elements of the minimum core should be selected appropriate to the context and needs of each cohort of trainee teachers. The selected elements should be delivered and assessed across the following units:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (Level 4)
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (Level 5).